Insider: Plumber Secrets
Updated: May 25
Take a look at the insider life of a plumber.
Follow these easy prevention techniques to keep us away from your home.
1. If you are looking for some consultation, then call your local plumbing supply store, don't call a plumber.
2. Monday is the busiest day of the week because this is when the wives call to fix the "job" their husbands did over the weekend.
3. Debunk washing machine? A top homeowner insurance claim.
4. Be familiar with where the main shut off valve to the house is.
5. Soap and hair mixed together can cause clogs so purchase a drain strainer.
6. Don't trust the marketing term "flushable" baby wipes.
7. "I'm a plumber, not a babysitter, mover or automotive mechanic. Don't ask."
8. The toilet handle is an easy fix. It will cost you $4 to replace.
9. Keep that Allen Wrench handy that came with your garbage disposal. Keep it under the sink and follow instruction manual to clear a jam.
10. Do not hang clothes on pipes with a metal hanger. This will cause corrosion and lead to pipe breakage.
11. Oh yeah, we know we are good lucking, so don't hit on us, it won't change the price.